Property Removal/Stolen Property
To report a theft inside of your office suite, please contact the Washington, DC Metropolitan Police Department, at 311, and then notify Admiral Security Services at (202) 223-2753. The police department does not notify us in the event of a theft, so it is important that you inform security and the Property Management Office. Also report the incident to your insurance company.
Crime Prevention Tips
- Do not advertise your or co-workers' vacation plans or absences when there is a visitor in the office.
- Keep offices, conference rooms or storage rooms locked if they are not used regularly by your staff .
- If you work before or after normal business hours, keep the doors to your office suite locked.
- If you are the last person to leave your suite at night, please ensure all doors and windows are locked, and computer equipment, critical files and copy machines are secured.
- If your suite has an alarm system, turn it on before you leave the building at the end of the workday.
- Be aware of people you have not seen in the building before, especially if they appear lost, please notify the security officer at the reception desk at (202) 955-4570.